Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Self Divorce in Michigan
, divorce with no minor

Customer Question

Self Divorce in Michigan
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: divorce with no minor children it is not contested just filed the default
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what next
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, if there is no dispute over the divorce or property settlement and there are no children, and the other party was properly served with the petition for divorce, then the court may issue a divorce by default. The party seeking default has to prove the other party received notice of the case and failed to answer within time limits provided by MI law.