How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 113391
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My attorney has been handling my case Workers Comp since

Customer Question

My attorney has been handling my case Workers Comp since 2007. There deposition soon after I first saw him. I did go to a court hearing in Marina Del Rey, CA , which was cancelled because the attorney had not filed certain forms (unknown to me) required. He informed me he would contact me with another appointment. He never contacted me about this meeting again. He would inform me he was still working on my case. Stating the case would take at he very least 5 years.
It has now been 8 1/2 years in the past 2-3 years it has been very difficult to reach the attorney. Now in the last few months he does not return my calls nor any of my messages. What can I possibly do now, I am being completely ignored by this person. He no longer even speaks with me not even to make up what is going on with my case. For a very long time he has always given me the same excuse or reasons why my case has not settled. Such as he is in the process of filing additional motions, he is investigating injury dates, he is still waiting for responses from the court. Always some excuse. Now he does not speak with me at all..
His name is***** he is located in Encino, Ca 91436 #(###) ###-####
Please help me. Because of my injury at work I've had to have 3 surgeries. Herniated neck disc's 2, torn right shoulder rotator cuff, 2nd carpal tunnel surgery right hand.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you contacted the workers comp court yet? You have to find out from them the status of your case and whether or not it is still open. Have you done that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't know where to begin??
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Your very first step is you need to contact the workers compensation court and find out the status of your case.
If the case is still open, your second step is hiring a NEW workers compensation attorney and once you do send the old attorney a letter telling him is is fired for non-performance.
If the case is closed, then you need to find out why it was closed and need to engage a local legal malpractice attorney to sue the attorney for causing you to lose the case and get your damages from your attorney.