Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I've been going to a place called the neck and back center

Customer Question

I've been going to a place called the neck and back center for problems with my back and neck that is very painful to receive disc decompression therapy and as I was being re-examined the doctor started digging into my hair and proceeded to insinuate that I have lice and eggs in my hair she wrote me a prescription for the medicine and sent me on my way,I was very upset because I hadn't received my therapy yet so I then went to someone who worked at the schools doing just that for7years and I had dandruff and some blanket lint in my hair no bugs and no eggs. The next time I went I took the person who examined my hair with me and gave the prescription for the medicine back to them they took me to the back to examine me again and insinuated that I still had the problem but could be treated as long as I wore2hats on my head everyone in the place was lookingat me as if I was just the dirtiest thing there was and the chiropractor wore gloves for the first time in all my years of going there to adjust me, and person who examined my hair who I took with me assured them that I had dandruff and nothing more.I don't like being treated this way. What can I do?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they have misdiagnosed you, they can be liable to you for that misdiagnosis if it caused you actual harm. If they are treating you as though you have lice when you do not have lice and it has caused you emotional distress, then you can seek to file suit against them in small claims court, but before you do so, you need to go to someone who is a licensed doctor to examine you and issue a report that you do not have lice and they have to testify in court and you can seek money damages against the chiropractor's office for their misdiagnosis and the embarrassment and emotional distress it caused you to suffer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did forget to add I was in the accident where I sustained the injury when I was29years old and the pain that I am in is extreme and I have not been going due to the embarrassment and now taking some pain medication again where I've been trying to stay medicine free.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, that would be part of your damages, adding to your pain and suffering from not being treated because of the way they have misdiagnosed you.