Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Land o lakes fla- the unaffiliated golf course in the center

Customer Question

land o lakes fla- the unaffiliated golf course in the center of our subdivision has gone belly up. and has impacted our real estate value.
the property is 800000 arrears in back taxes.My how wants to Pay the taxes so we can attract a buyer for the course.
I am opposed to doing this as it doesn't make sense to pay the debt for a business man to manage the course. the course
is it legal
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Obviously, the taxes are going to have to be paid by someone or the property will be sold for the taxes at a tax sale........so you should keep that in mind......because if that were to occur, the tax sale buyer would take ownership much cheaper and who knows what you may get.

The other alternative would be to try and market the property and offer the payment of taxes as an option to pay by the HOA or by the purchaser based on the purchase price.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

But, is it certainly legal for the HOA to pay the taxes on property that it owns. However, it may be better to hold off and use that as a bargaining chip instead of paying them straight away.