How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29021
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dentist that did 2 crowns on my teeth 7mths ago and

Customer Question

I have a dentist that did 2 crowns on my teeth 7mths ago and both fell out 2weeks ago . and that 2weeks ago he was preparing ro do another crown and an implant on me . When i wanted for him to relace the 2 crowns that fell out his receptionist told me that i had to waite for 48hrs to talk to him and that i can go to the emergence room if i consider the issue an emergency, so i wnt to another dentist who upon doing xray and inspecting the crown told me that he used temporary cement to glue the crowns and that the 2 crowns do not fit well so she could not put them back.She advised me to go to my dentist, show him their xray, ask for a full refund then come back and have the whole crown redone. i have been asking my dentist for refund but not yet successful and hve also told him to put a stop to the implant since i do not trust his work, WHAT DO I DO. DO I HAVE A LEGAL CASE.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

You may have a claim for dental malpractice. That is when a dentist breaches his professional duty of care in the services provided to a patient. The claim is dependent on the testimony of expert witnesses who will examine you and your records and testify that, in their professional opinion, the dental care you received was substandard.

Then the remaining issue is damages to repair the shoddy work, lost wages, medicine and pain and suffering.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

You would start by retaining an attorney experienced in medical and dental malpractice. They will find the dental experts to help build your case.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Related Legal Questions