How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16480
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been on deferred adjucation years im scheduled to get

Customer Question

I've been on deferred adjucation for 6 years im scheduled to get off feb22 but last month I had a dirty UA an I got a call saying even if I pay my 4200 Mon I can still suffer consequences for a dirty question is what happens now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had 1 dirty UA 4years ago and I had to do 10 in jail but that was the only 1 an the 4200 is the last of my fees and im ready to pay
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, a dirty UA is violation of terms of the deferred adjudication and in most cases, a judge will hold a hearing to determine whether to allow defendant to remain in the deferred adjudication program or whether to pursue the criminal charges and hold a criminal trial which if results in conviction can subject the defendant to up to the maximum sentence for the crime prescribed under the law.

So this is a very serious situation, so it is important to consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney (if you don't have one already).

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Legal Questions