How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33150
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am interested in a letter to send a supervising judge in

Customer Question

I am interested in a letter to send a supervising judge in hopes my current family court magistrate is changed due to unprofessional attitude and delaying my right to a speedy trial in my child support case. She has incurred approximately 10k in arrears due to constantly proponing my case. In addition, she has even called my case when I am in the court bathroom and has made a decision against me. Mind you, I am the petitioner.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I used to be employed as an EMT on the NYC 911 System until June, 2013 when I was involved in a motor vehicle accident while responding to a cardiac emergency. I suffered neck and shoulder injury from a car that took the red light. I am no longer capable of doing the job due to my injuries and am currently under the car of a physician. I am pending neck surgery. I am currently employed as a Social Service Specialist earning 35,000. I use to earn 70,000 and had divorced my ex-wife with the agreement that she receives 200.00 weekly for child support, however, due to my new career, I am unable to maintain that amount especially while I'm supporting 3 other children.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wanted to know if there was a template I can use asking to change my assigned magistrate?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

No, not that I'm aware of. You wouldn't normally do it via a letter, you would file a formal motion (a Motion to Recuse) because a letter is really an ex parte communication and not allowed.