Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I purchased a home about 5 months ago and discovered alot of

Customer Question

I purchased a home about 5 months ago and discovered alot of error it stated roofing and all plumbing appliances were new, home was totally renovated but it wasn't roofing needs to be replaced we repaired it since coming all of our windows are old estimated 20 years, our exterior of our home is deteriorated.also our house is attached to an abandoned house. It wasn't included in report. Home was last sold for 280k in March 2015 and then sold to us for 529,000 in August 2015. We reported this to NY department of licensing we are waiting to hear back. Our appraisal was inflated what can we do
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You would have the ability to sue if the seller intentionally or negligently failed to disclose known material facts or property conditions. The more unlikely it i that you could have discovered this on your own prior to sale, the more likely it is that you could have a viable claim.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Also, if you had the house inspected, and the inspection doesn't disclose the problems, it may be that you have the right to sue the inspector as well.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Thus, you should consider hiring a lawyer in your area to write demand letters to the seller and inspector, and if you can't resolve this, proceed to filing suit against them both.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation. Thanks!