Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My brother got arrested and the police did not read m s

Customer Question

My brother got arrested and the police did not read him his rights untill they got him into booking are they supposed to read your rights they take you in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before they take you in
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard?

Why was he arrested? Was it on a warrant?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

The police only need to read Miranda warnings when they are going to interrogate. That can be done once a suspect is in their custody and transported. Once in the interview process, the suspect should be given his Miranda right to remain silent. If the suspect is not, then anything that is said to the police is arguable inadmissible as evidence.

But the fact that rights are not read at the time of arrest is not a valid reason to have a matter dismissed, unfortunately.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a positive rating ensures I get credit for my time and information in this regard.