Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can I cancel Hansons contract after the notice of

Customer Question

Can I cancel Hansons contract after the notice of cancellation has expired?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Found a better price elsewhere, and immediate installation for our leaking roof.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have a construction contract and did not cancel within the time provided in the contract to cancel, then you are bound by the contract and it can only be cancelled by written agreement of all of the parties. If you cancel outside of the cancellation period, the contractor can sue for damages or to compel you to complete the contract and could even seek to put a mechanic's lien on your property. So you are going to have to negotiate this out with the contractor I am afraid.