Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

If a theft occurred end of dec t my home and just now I am

Customer Question

hi if a theft occurred end of dec t my home and just now I am thinking I need to file s claim with my home owners (and get a police report) is there a possibility its too late? its been a month and a half
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Have you made a police report?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no
I am going to I guess
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Make the police report and then make your claim. Check the policy to see if the time limit for making claims has been exceeded. I suspect you will be ok, but the terms of the policy will determine

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I checked the policy the insurance emailed me last year in sept and there is nothing about time limits. if it doesnt say anything does it mean it doesnt exist (time deadline) or where else can I check? what is the usual time limit?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
peerless insurance (liberty mutual)
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

The time limit is years, the statute of limitations. So, if it has been a few months, it should not be a problem. Peerless only states it should be as soon as possible.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you still online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.