Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have been in an arrangement with a company that

Customer Question

I have been in an arrangement with a company that restructured my student loan debt since 2013. I was in absolute terror of the amount that my payments would be ($2,6XX.00) so I checked around and ended up picking this company ($95.56). I paid their fee and I paid them monthly -- never missed a payment or their $39.00 maintenance fee because these payments go automatically out of my checking account. They were forwarding the payment to the Student loan company. For some reason that I do not understand, they stopped in September of 2015. They continued to cash the checks, however. I am on month short of having this mess go on my credit report. I have been struggling to clean up my credit since I graduated with my doctorate in 2013 (494 - 713). This is this last thing that I need. I get social security and can get only one or 2 courses to teach at a time because nobody is hiring full-time (they don't want to pay benefits). I struggled very hard to be able to keep the student loan people out of my social security check or from taking my tax return! The student loan people say that I can get out of my $39.00 maintenance fee to this company and pay them direct. They also said that many of these companies dishonest, unethical, etc. I have all of the cashed checks in my bank record. I need to have t hem forward to money to the student loan company and be in some way punished for their behavior. Please help. Thank you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a written contract with the company? Have you contacted them to see what the problem is? If so, what did they reply?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?