How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** and I have been Married years but my

Customer Question

hello, my name is ***** ***** and I have been Married for 15 years but my husband confessed last June to an affair which completely Shocked me! He has since moved out and keeps our two kids on weekends only when he is not traveling. He has made every attempt to blame ME for his Adulterous actions!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, for years he has not been emotionally available to me... Basically I have stayed home for 12 years raising our two girls and I've suffered tremendous amount of anxiety catching him emailing other woman and putting himself on a dating site as unmarried. Obviously hindsight is 100% clear. that he was a liar and a cheater for along time. But he always had a way to minimize his actions, and turn it around on ME! Even making me believe that it was not true or I was Crazy!! I was very angry and hopeless because I could not get through to him! All I wanted was his attention and affection. I was essentially deprived of this for years.. And...I was completely loyal and faithful the entire time. But he wasn't.. I'm not a spiteful person by nature. But I have depended on this man for over 15 years. I have no income, no degree. and now a single mother of an 11 and 8 year old girls. I know who his mistress is...and she was also married at the time of their intercourse... I have been taking medication for years to handle the relational distress. More recently, antidepressants to get me through the holidays. HE has no heart. Tells me to just stop thinking and feeling. What's done is done and he just continues to shut me down. Yet, he wants to remain "best friends: and thinks that giving me a hug when we exchange the children will make everything better.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HE continues to lie about his involvement with the other woman but I have phone records that prove a pattern of conversation. Plus he texts her in front of our children, that he loves and misses her! Then gets mad when they tell me and he denies it, saying they are kids and they are making it up! I asked him if he has ever purchased a gift for her and he said Yes, something small. Plus it's almost Valentines Day, which I'm sure he will buy her a gift. Everything with our money...Well his, since I have not been employed for 12 years! He moved out of our home in August of 2015 and completely detached. Pressuring me to prepare the papers...because his rent and living expenses are too expensive to maintain along with our home. This is completely unfair... I want to sue him for emotional distress, abandonment and cruelty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We live in Miami, Florida
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?