Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have been contacted by letter from Capital Pacific Group

Customer Question

HI ! I have been contacted by letter from Capital Pacific Group in Folsom Calif, about a Insurance claim , the claim exist on County of Calif website, they want 10 % from the claim, I live in Eu- contry - Sweden, what I wonder is capital Pacific Group ok.. or is it a scam or fraud company.. I know I can do the claim by myself , direktly to the County, but when my mothers( now dead) brother(inurance holder) died in Los Angeles in 1991 it took a very long time to sort everyting right with the Tresury of County of LA, so IF the Capital Group i ok maby it will turn out right in the end ( -10%) Best Regards ! Peter
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO.. Just trying to clarify if Capital Pacific Group is ok?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Not at this point! thank you!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

If you are talking about Capital Pacific Group located at 100 Iron Point Cir Ste 100, Folsom, CA 95630, they are a legitimate California company specializing in the recovery of unclaimed funds. They are offering to take their 10% from the funds then actually recover rather than up front, and that is a sign that you are dealing with the real Capital Pacific Group rather than a scammer using their name.

Capital Pacific Group has existed in California since 1992. They formally incorporated there in 2009. The Better Business Bureau, a non-profit consumer watchdog agency which has been advising US and Canadian consumers for over 100 years, has been aware of this company since they have incorporated. On their rating scale from A to F the Better Business Bureau has awarded this agency an A+ rating. It doesn't get better than that. They have also accredited the agency, which indicates that the company performs in accordance with the highest of business standards. They have been accredited since 2009. You can read the review here.

Yes, as you already know, you can claim these funds yourself. But if it's worth 10% for you not to have to bother, this company should get the job done for you.