RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Is there a chance of recovering the money that I put out?

Customer Question

Is there a chance of recovering the money that I put out? please help me.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

As your previous expert correctly stated, the odds of you recovering money are just about zero. These scammers do tend to prey on people from other countries (many scams originate out of places like Ghana and Nigeria) and the technology and methods they use enable them to stay ahead of law enforcement. It's why so many victims are scammed yet these people fly under the radar.

You could report the scam to the Internet Crime Commission, which is a joint task force involving the FBI at www.ic3.gov, which works hard to track down scammers and shut them down, but in all honestly, it won't increase your odds of recovering money.

You will definitely want to speak with an accountant about deducting the losses from your taxes. I realize that's little consolation, and not the same, but it is something you can do.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you better news. If I may be of further assistance, please REPLY and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thank you.