Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can a union member sue of contract or failur to repo sent

Customer Question

Can a union member sue for breach of contract or failur to repo sent after 3 years pass
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What state are you in? What happened with the NLRB and EEO?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
California. NLRB did not investigate. EEOC gave me the right to sue.
Thank you for your reply.
You had 90 days to file suit from the date you received the EEOC right to sue letter. AS far as breach of contract, you have 4 years to sue for breach of contract if you are going to sue the union for failure to properly represent you in breach of their contract with you. The unfair labor practice claims borrow the statute of limitations from the state where the practice took place and in CA the breach of contract statute of limitations is 4 years and you have 4 years from date they did not properly represent you to file suit.