Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My fiance is on probation currently and only r eports on the

Customer Question

My fiance is on probation currently and only r eports on the phone.. He was pulled over last night in a different county for possession. Will his probation find out?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He is on probation in onecounty and the other county jail is hokding him until he goes to court. He wont be ablee to bond until he goes to court. We are worried about his probation finding out in the other county
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.

Typically, the DA will normally notify probation in the other county once they receive his RAP sheet and realize he's on probation elsewhere. If not, probation would ultimately be very likely to find out anyway. It is typical of probation to run a probationer's criminal history before the termination date of his probation. This is done specifically to make sure that nothing like this has occurred and that the probationer is eligible for a favorable termination.

You can expect that sooner or later probation will find out if he doesn't tell them himself, which, I'm sure he knows, he is supposed to do.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What if he pays off his probation for the other county before they see it?

Both arrests and what happens on the case will be on his criminal record. If the county never looks up his record, they won't see it. But as I've said, generally the DA will notify probation in the first place and if they don't, probation is known to check to look for things like this.

Nobody will be able to guarantee you that he will be safe if he fails to report the new arrest himself. Could it happen? Yes. Will it? The odds are better that each county will eventually know about the other case than that they won't.