Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am in Texas and we are building a new house and a separate

Customer Question

I am in Texas and we are building a new house and a separate shop. Contracted electricians to do shop first and then house on two separate permits. They have been total disasters said they were going to use black market wire and a few of the guys don't have valid licenses. I terminated the house permit and they are still working on shop 75 days later. Master says he will sue me because I won't let him do my house.....
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

Review your contract for any sort of termination or cancellation language. If there is some, then you can terminate in accordance with that language. If not, then you can still terminate for breach of contract by poor performance. If he sues, you can countersue (counterclaim) him for fraud and breach of contract.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well it goes without saying if that was in their I would use that.... And of course it is poor performance just worried about a law suit while construction loan and them permanate Mortage, what the lender will say if I have a whack job suing me for something stupid... Million dollar house 31k project for idiot and half materials.....

Just wanted to be sure. You would be surprised how many people do not bother to read their contracts. You can do a preemptive suit seeking them to stop working and any money you have paid be refunded. Generally with construction contracts you should be able to terminate for poor performance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you got nothing?

I'd be happy to talk via phone (though there are additional charges) because maybe I'm missing something about what you are asking. I actually practice in Texas. If you are not happy with my feedback, I do not mind opting out so another expert can be of assistance.