Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

During the nineties my husband and I worked and famous and

Customer Question

During the nineties my husband and I worked for the rich and famous and some very famous like the king of pop.
We are writing a book not as a memoir but as "novel fiction" without naming anyone for example we use Mr P, Mrs S instead of their real names.
We would like to know if anyone recognize themselves, will we be subject to a law suit or can they stop the release of the book?
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

This is a very touchy subject....and there are privacy rights and celebrity rights that would apply....and could cause you some issues. Here's a good link you can read that explains this: http://www.betternovelproject.com/blog/real-people/

Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Thus, if you're writing about private things, you really have to be careful. But if you make the people different enough that a reasonable reader can't determine who the person is, you could be safe.

Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

The safest thing is to get permission from the people or the representatives of their estate to make sure you do not find yourself in a lawsuit.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am very unsatisfied first you charge my CC before I had any chance to read the answer and I am not happy at all. Your web site used to answer first and then ask for the money and your answer is too vague, I am NOT SATISFIED and want my refund. Thanks. this is my email. as the other one has a mistype: ***@******.***
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

You haven't been charged......so don't fret about that.

The answer is accurate, but I'm sorry if you're not satisfied. I'll notify customer service to cancel the question. Good night.