Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What can I do to report a fraud against a business and what

Customer Question

What can I do to report a fraud against a business and what is the statute of limitations on such a report?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me more about what you mean by fraud...what happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A ***** ***** from Advanced Social Media called me last March and told me I qualified for a federal grant. He told me it would cost $ 4000.00 for a grant worth $ 60,000.00 and that I would have the money in 120 days. I was sceptical and told him to call back later that day after I had talked to my husband. In the meantime I checked with the BBB and found nothing on this company. ***** ***** called back and we paid $ 6000.00 by credit card for a grant in the sum of $ 89,000.00 to be used to make my home more handicap accessible. All I had to do was fill out this booklet,send it back and in 120 days I would receive a grant check. All this was done. Since then I have called their customer service and was told I have to wait for some letter. The letter has still to arrive and we are out $ 6000.00. I believe this company is a fraud.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
I agree...it sounds like fraud.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?

I ask because it seems you have opened a new question and asked this same question...