Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

How do I get a copy of orig. purchase price on an SSN which

Customer Question

How do I get a copy of orig. purchase price on an SSN which is ex-fiancee that gifted me a house & there was no deed transferring the property to me, only a quit claim to me.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
To get the original purchase price on the home, that would be listed in the property records with the recorder of deeds and it would also be in the tax assessor's office. So you can go to either of those two places to find the original purchase price. Your quit claim is the deed transferring the property to you and you need to file that quit claim with the property clerk as well to record your ownership.