Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My husband died last year after 33years of marriage. He was

Customer Question

My husband died last year after 33years of marriage. He was a 32nd degree master mason..police in the town I grew up in have been harassing me ever since..two months ago the rtf and the new sheriff pulled me over out of city limits..I have them permission to search my truck..got pulled over by the same county cop in city limits and he handcuffed me after I showed him insurance and registeration..he handcuff me before he ran a check. I am a 53 year old non violent person..on his ticket he wrote he stopped me on a highway but in fact he stopped me on 7th street n city limits..I feel like he is h arrassing me for some reason..please advise
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.

One incident does not necessarily make for harassment, especially when there appears to have been a basis for the stop because they wrote you a ticket.

Did they find anything in the truck? What were you charged with? What happened with that case? With more information from you, can reply with a a less general answer.

Actually, I didn't judge you at all. I asked you for more information so that I could supply you with a better answer. But the fact is that IF there was a lawful purpose for the stop and if you don't win the present case against you, you'll have a hard time making a harassment claim stick without more evidence than what you bothered to give me.