Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have a torn acl and meniscus resulting from a fall on ice

Customer Question

I have a torn acl and meniscus resulting from a fall on ice at work. What offer will workers comp make, i Have a semi sedentary job but also have to show customers vehicles. I will need surgery for the meniscus DR. says i can live without ACL. I live in upstate NY
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

It is hard to predict. They may do a monthly payment or a lump sum and cover your medical costs.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
do i have to request the payment?

You have to fill out the paperwork to submit a claim. It is often smart to get anattorney especially if they are lowballing you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have submitted the claim through employer and have a case already but they dont know the diagnosis as of yet. I have not even heard from them since the initial claim. I will obtain a lawyer if I dont hear from them. I was wondering if they automatically give a lump some offer once they are informed of the diagnosis

Ok good. They will want to know the diagnosis and if you need or plan to have surgery.