Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Thank you reply. To prevent m from sending the email, should

Customer Question

Hi, Thank you for your reply. To prevent him from sending the email, should we send him an email tonight, and, if so, can you provide us with that language? Regards,
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You may send him the email yourself first as soon as possible. You can tell him something to the effect, "I have received your threatening email to send a recording to my employer. Please be aware such recordings made without my consent is a criminal offense in Florida pursuant to Fla. Stat. ch. 934.03, which states consent of all parties must be obtained for any "wire, oral, or electronic communication." Furthermore, communicating threats to anyone to gain some advantage is also considered the crime of extortion in FL, which is a felony. Therefore, this is your only notice to cease and desist all of your conduct and destroy any recordings and that if you persist in your current conduct, the matter will be turned over to law enforcement for prosecution.