LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Can I put a gag order on someone that is passing around

Customer Question

Can I put a gag order on someone that is passing around personal information that isn't her business.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon Carolyn,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While it is not possible to place a gag order on anyone---only a judge may order a gag order and only in reference to an ongoing civil or criminal legal proceeding.

You may sue her for Invasion of Privacy and collect damages for the intentional harm she is causing as well as damages for your emotional pain and suffering.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug