LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

What is the procedure to take adopted dog back if contact

Customer Question

what is the procedure to take adopted dog back if contact and agreement is beached
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

if the contract is silent as to the remedies if there is a breach, then you would need to sue the adopter and ask the Judge to order the return of the dog. You are asking for the court for specific performance and would need to show that the adopted breached the contract and needs to return the dog, as a result. You can not use self help and just take the dog and unless they are willing to be reasonable and try and work this out, you may have to sue them to recover the dog.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!