CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Ther we have been having, s water has to be freezing up. The

Customer Question

ther we have been having, his water has to be freezing up. The owners have no interaction wth him. My heart just goes out to him. Can anything be done?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

If I understand correctly, you are concerned about an animal abuse/neglect problem with a neighbor, where the animal does not have access to water due to ice on their water source.

You have already called animal control multiple times, but have had no success in remedying the problem.

If you have not had success with animal control there are two other agencies you can call: first is the sheriff or police department (depending on whether you are within or outside the city limits for your jurisdiction, animal control is generally overseen by one of these entities, and they may want to look into the level of care being taken); and the other is the County District Attorney's Office (the DA is the top law enforcement agency/official in the County and has jurisdiction to prosecute individuals for animal abuse/neglect, as well as having oversight over animal control).