Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a corporation with three physical therapy office. My

Customer Question

I have a corporation with three physical therapy office. My Beverly office closed six years ago, as the lease expired and profit was not enough to renew a much higher lease. My Santa Monica office closed as rent escalated higher then profit and in Feb 15, 2015 I was able to sublease but still pay $4000 a month lease (new neuro-group wanted fair market price - therefore $4000 is the difference I will pay til Aug 2018 when lease is up). My last PT office sold Dec 1, 2014 and I stayed on as a consultant for a short time. I started doing collections Jan 2015 at my home. My former accountant retired and his replacement told me that I must have a Los Angeles City Business License, since I live in Playa del Rey. I went on line to fill out application but many questions I could not answer i.e. Are you in the health care industry? Actually, I was but now I am in collection of that business but under LA City" collection" means I collect for other people and I do not. It asks if business is done that involves another state (ins. companies are in many different states). I am not sure how to answer these questions and can I get a license that begins Jan 2015 when now it is 2016?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Kindly stated your specific questions.