Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have two questions. What is the statute of limitations on

Customer Question

I have two questions. What is the statute of limitations on check forgery and gredit card fraud/
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My son took checks from my checking book when I was in the hospital and never told me about it. The bank traced it back and it is clearly forged and then he asked to borrow a credit card to pay a bill but there are over 400.00 dollars from local bars. He never told me about it until I saw the detail in my checking report. he is refusing to pay for the damages.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This will depend on the state...what state is this in?