Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I purchased a new pickup in November and foolishly took all

Customer Question

I purchased a new pickup in November and foolishly took all the add-ins. I realized my mistake pretty quickly and returned 3 days later to ask for the items to be dropped from my purchase. I received a signed agreement from the person who sold the items stating that I wanted the coverage removed. It is now 3 months later and no money has been returned. I call the financial group and they tell me I have to go to the dealer, the dealer has told me several times that they have sent the forms into the finance company but that it takes from 6 to 8 weeks for the paperwork to be processed. Do I have any recourse other than just waiting?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me what you mean by

I received a signed agreement from the person who sold the items stating that I wanted the coverage removed.

DId they agree to modify the contract?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I returned to the Dealership and informed the finance person that I wanted the extras, except for a protective coating that I had already had applied removed from our agreement. There was a form that he had in his desk that listed the different options available and a statement something along the lines of the customer is requesting the removal of the above items. I have the signed form at home but I am currently at work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It may be better if I reconnect after I get home around 5:00 PM EST
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

SO they key part of this will be, was the request approved.

I understand you went to the dealer and requested the changes to your contract be made...was this request approved?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Easy...I will be available. Let me know..and if you like we can chat on the phone for a $5 surcharge (you can ignore the one that was sent automatically for a much higher price)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** forward what I have, the paperwork along with IM messages between myself and the salesperson at the dealership.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sure...happy to help