Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I FILED COMPLAIN WITH THE SEC ABOUT A DISHONEST FINANAL

Customer Question

I FILED COMPLAIN WITH THE SEC ABOUT A DISHONEST FINANAL ADVISOR . I AM N HONEST MAN AND AN WILLING TI TAKE A LIE DETECTOR TEST. TO ***** BUT THE SEC RULES AGAIST ME BECAUSE THE TABLES HAVE TURN AND I AM NOW THE VILLIAN AND AFRAID OF THESE PEOPLE THAT THEY MAY SUE ME. THE ADVISOR IS TELLING LIES ABOUT ME AND HE HAS MADE UP THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED .. I CAN'T AFORD TO LOSE ANY MORE MONEY THEY HAVE ALREADY STUCK ME WITH A ANNUITY THAT I DON'T WANT. I HAVE TO LIVE TOBE 85 TO MAKE A DIME ON $115,000 INVESTMENT. I WOULD LOSE AGAINST THIESE PEOPLE. THEY KNOW ALL THE BIG WORDS AND BS. THEY NOT ONLY LIED ABOUT THE INVESTMENT BUT NOW HAVE ATTACKED MY CHARACTOR AND MY HONESTY. MY GOLDEN YEARS ARE NOT SO GOLDEN. MY WIFE AND I ARE SICK ABOUT THIS BUT NOTHING WE CAN DO.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: WHEN I RETIED IN 2010 I SPLIT MY MONEY. I HAD ABOUT $200,000.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: BECASE WHERE I WORK WE HAD A 401K FOR RETIESMENT AND I PUT IN 10% EVERY PAY DAY.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The SEC investigates only violations of investment rules, they do not really look into whether or not the financial adviser was negligent or violated your contract with you. So, just because the SEC did not rule in your favor in the case does not mean you cannot file a civil suit against the adviser for breach of contract with you and for acting in a negligent manner in your case.
You cannot do that without a local attorney in your state, but you can sue him and seek damages against him for this conduct and that is something you can do, depending on the evidence you have about his lies and about his negligent conduct breaching his contract with you.
So I would suggest you take your evidence to a local attorney and you get them to evaluate that to seek to sue in civil court and get your damages from him.