Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Is it possible to obtain acopy of my mothers will-she died

Customer Question

Is it possible to obtain acopy of my mothers will-she died December of this year past.MY brother has not told me what it says and I live out of Michigan-in Texas.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, you can get a copy of the will. If they are in possession of the will, they need to file the will with the probate court in the county in which your mother resided at the time of her death. This typically happens within 30 days of the date of death. Once it is filed with the court, it becomes public record and can be obtained from the probate records. So, you simply need to call the probate court clerk and ask for their specific process for obtaining the copy.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!