LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I asked the same question yesterday, but Im still not clear

Customer Question

I asked the same question yesterday, but Im still not clear on something. I want to get an insurance plan paid out of my own pocket. I am currently uninsured, but I do not want Obamacare. After this deadline, is it true I cant even get an insurance plan if I pay for it all out of my own pocket. Like outside of ACA insurance plans??
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 10 months ago.

Can you share with me exactly what it is that you want to do? What is preventing you from buying a plan today, off the exchange?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well, I am unemployed and uninsured. I do not want Obamacare. I could pay for healthcare in the future. I have been told by people and read in places that even if I plan to purchase healthcare all out of my own pocket that I will be unable to. Is that true?( after the deadline)

Yes, that is correct. Unless there is a qualifying life event, you will not be able to enroll until after the deadline.

Qualifying life events that allow you to register for health insurance during a Special Enrollment Period include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Loss of essential health coverage: If you or one of your dependents lose health coverage that meets minimum government standards.
  • Change of family structure: If you gain a dependent or become a dependent because of a marriage, death in the family, or birth or adoption of a child.
  • Change in citizenship status: If you become a U.S. citizen, national, or gain lawful status in the United States.
  • Experience government error: If you lose, change, or enroll in coverage because of an error committed by an officer, employee, or agent of the Exchange or the Department of Health and Human Services.
  • Change in subsidy eligibility: If you are determined newly eligible or newly ineligible for subsidies (advance payments of the premium tax credit or cost-sharing reductions).
  • Move to a new coverage area: If you permanently move to a new area and gain access to new Qualified Health Plans.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!