Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was scammed by 3 guys that I have been talking on the

Customer Question

I was scammed by 3 guys that I have been talking on the phone. Do you think that I could get my money back (over $20,000.00). I was told that I won $65 million dollars for my entry with the Reader's Digest sweepstakes that I sent sometime ago. They made me believe that they are legit, and that they are with the Federal government (Express Federal, LLC) is suppose to be their company. I was asked to send moneygram to different people to show that I was really interested in getting my reward. Because it was such a big amount, I thought it would really be a big help to my family (here in the U.S.) and my relatives in the Philippines so I went along, (I must have been temporarily insane and vurnerable) as I just recently found out that has been diagnosed with liver cancer and is need of medical attention and they don't have any means to get the immediate treatment that he needs (in the Philippines), so I blindly did what they asked me to do and to get several moneygrams. Please help me get my money back.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

How did they contact you?

Can you identify them?

Did they have you mail them money?