Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My signature was forged on the delivery receipt of a life

Customer Question

My signature was forged on the delivery receipt of a life insurance policy 2006. The policy was supposed to be 15 yr term with return of premium. I found out in November 2015 that agent falsified information on application and changed the policy to a 30yr term.
The ins company states that it does not matter that agent may have filled app incorrectly because I signed the delivery receipt accepting the policy. The ins co sent me copy of app, policy, and delivery receipt.it took all of 30 seconds for my family and me to see my name forged. I filed complaint with Louisiana Insurance Commisioner and they do not have jurisdiction to make decision about the forgery and recommend I file criminal charges.
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 10 months ago.

Hello.

So that I can best assist you, what exactly is your question?