P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My eye doctors gave me someone else prescription, and I have

Customer Question

My eye doctors gave me someone else prescription, and I have no idea who has my information. Is this a hipaa case?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

What you are describing may be a HIPAA violation. IF the medical provider gave the records of someone else to you? That would violate HIPAA

You can report this to the Department of Health and Human Services here

https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf

If you like

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.