CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

On or about January 2, 2016,my husband entered the ER

Customer Question

On or about January 2, 2016,my husband entered the ER ,Sycamore Hospital in Miamisburg, Ohio, was sent to a room, was transferred to OR, then ICU and finally was in room # ***** Then was transferred to Sycamore Rehab Center across from Hospital) to Room #212,
where he stayed about 2 weeks. He needs help in finding his clothes he wore when he entered ER. We have asked, asked and asked everyone that we thought would remember him. They did, but do not remember him having clothes. Well, he was wearing them when he arrived.
We need to find the following - Shoes, Socks, Underwear, Wool shirt, A Dark Blue Car Coat with Army Patches, Dockor trousers and Belt, Keys, Wallet (no money, just SS card, ID, V.A. ID, Medicare Card, Pictures, A few Personal items. AND his cane.
Can you help him find these articles? Or tell us someone that can.
We appreciate any help you can find. We are desperate. Thank you for responding.
Juanita Moses and husband, Eldon Moses ***@******.***
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, I am sorry to learn of this situation.

While we cannot directly advocate for you or your husband (we are a "general information forum") I can provide you with some assistance to help you here.

The hospital is responsible for the safekeeping and tracking of your husband's personal effects. If they have lost these items, they are responsible for compensating you for the value of the loss.

Start by contacting the Patient Relation's Department of the hospital at:(###) ###-####(I found this number using the hospital's website, please confirm I have the proper facility and location: http://www.ketteringhealth.org/patientrelations/, phone numbers are in the bottom drop down).

Make sure to follow up any phone calls with "confirmation letters" where you summarize who you talked to, what you discussed, any agreements you reached, and any further action either party is going to take.

If this fails, you can threaten to file a small claims action against the hospital (but in general, they should assist you - unfortunately you are probably simply talking to the wrong people - the RNs and Security should have directed you to the right ones).