Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My name is ***** ***** hood and my question is 6 years ago i

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** hood and my question is 6 years ago i signed for my grand son to help him through college and now they are calling me every day to pay the loan off for him he is out of college now he say he is paying what he can on but the are after me to take out a bank loan for 28,000 dollars to pay them off and they will forego the intrest .am i legally bound to do this ? also the are calling 3 or4 times a week as early as 8 0clock in the morning to catch us at home some time twice a day.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it a student loan . and the are saying i am obligated by law to pay .the name of the collector calling is navient private credit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand the question...are you asking if they can require you pay this loan ?