Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My daughter is 7 years old and on a competition cheerleading

Customer Question

My daughter is 7 years old and on a competition cheerleading team in AZ. This weekend she had a tournament, however, she was told by a physician that she couldn't compete due to her fever of 103 degrees and her viral infection was contagious. Her coach sent an email today and said my daughter was removed from the team. We are invested for thousands of dollars this year. We also have a trip scheduled to Denver, CO on Feb 4th for a cheer competition. Do we have any legal grounds to go after this coach and her company?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that and what a terrible experience for a 7 year old child. Was there any explanation for why she was removed from the team? Was there some sort of contract?