Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Neighbor placed logs at edge of their property, My daughter

Customer Question

neighbor placed logs at edge of their property, My daughter skidded off the road in icy conditions, logs caused considerable damage to my vehicle. Is there a case to have the log setter pay for my damage?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 10 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well.

Unfortunately, there is likely not a course of action to be paid for the damages if the logs were on their property or unless you could show that there was a substantial likelihood of this occurring. You, in the later circumstance, would have to show that they presented an undue hazard that they should have known would cause this type of damage.

In other words, it would be really hard to prove a case against them if the logs were actually on their property.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please rate my answer positively as well (three or more stars).

By the way, I have been involved as a licensed attorney in litigation matters for over a dozen years.

I wish I had better news here, but it is the reality of the situation.

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking in on your guys to see if you have any other questions or comments. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!