Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

My name is ***** *****. If some business tap into my credit

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. If some business tap into my credit card account without direct authorization from me whether written or otherwise, am I liable for the charge? They may have their authorization from some other business but not directly by me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I claimed from my credit card deduction for charge which were made by someone I have not given authorization written or otherwise. Am I responsible for the charge? Or it is fraudulent.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Under federal law your liability for unauthorized charges is limited to $50.00. Most cards waive the $50.00 as well. You need to notify the credit card companies fraud unit right away and notify the that the charges were not authorized by you. They will send you some forms to fill out. BUT you are not responsible for unauthorized charges.

Here is a link to the law:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/1643

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.