Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
77500129

V. Landrieu, 621 F.2d 1037, 1039 (9th Cir.1980). What case

Customer Question

Russell v. Landrieu,
621 F.2d 1037, 1039 (9th Cir.1980).
What case law precedent is Russel v Landrieu in terms of a plaintiff being able to overcome a motion to dismiss.
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. Thank you for using this service, and please understand that I can only provide you with general advice in this forum. Regarding checking the citations for a case (otherwise known as shepardizing), you can check that here. I'll check the case quickly and get back to you. Thank you.

It looks like the courts are still citing to this case for the following statement: "In considering whether a plaintiff states a valid claim, the court accepts as true all material allegations in the complaint and construes them in the light most favorable to the plaintiff.". As long as you are using it for this purpose, to establish that material allegations are viewed in the light most favorable to the plaintiff, then you should have no problem citing to it. Good luck!