Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

How do I get a court order to change my age on my passport

Customer Question

Customer: Hello ! How do I get a court order to change my age on my passport and government records. Thanks ! ***** ***** M.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am 52 and I look 19. I live in NYC and I don't want any problems with a frisk.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Government identification documents must be accurate. There is unfortunately no legal way to change your date of birth without producing evidence that the original date was incorrect. No judge has the power to do what you're asking. These documents are used to prove your identity, and your identity is a 52 year-old. Age isn't something that can be changed like a name.

I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Good luck.