KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I've got a disclosure agreement from a franchise it

Customer Question

I've got a disclosure agreement from a franchise it basically says
this disclosure document summarizes provisions of the franchise agreement and other information .read this disclosure document and all agreements carefully. then at the bottom it says i have received a franchise disclosure document the disclosure docment included the following exhibits
franchise agreement and exhibits
table of contents of the operations manual
general release of all claims
receipts
then asks me to sign
i don't know if i want to do the franchise or go independent , if i sign this paper can they sue my if i go independent by saying i learned something from them? i am in ohio
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 10 months ago.

No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Good afternoon. The disclosure agreement and release would bind you to the contract. Once you sign the contract, if you decide to go independent they could allege that you have used their ideas and profited from them, and file an action-injunction- in court to stop your business operations, and attempt to sue for damages. carefully consider your business plan before signing.