MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I have a civil judgment that was rendered in April 2013 in

Customer Question

I have a civil judgment that was rendered in April 2013 in Texas. A writ of execution was granted, but items were added to the writ that were not in the original court document. I was not notified, nor were my attorneys of the court date to obtain the writ. Date of execution was Feb. 21, 2016. They have since gone back to court with no notification and obtained a second writ of execution for Jan. 30, 2016. Is it legal for them to just change a judgement to their liking? They are also threatening seizure of my vehicles. My lawyers have maintained, that it is an unenfocreable judgment, poorly written and non specific. What are my options?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

A judgment cannot be changed without consulting all parties to an action. It sounds like, from what you are saying, this judgment is unenforceable. The writ of execution should have been issued in line with the judgment.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do I proceed? My lawyers claim what they are doing is illegal, but not since a lawyer and a judge are executing the paperwork, I'm supposed to just be submissive. They were awarded 40,000.00
Of which 25,000.00 was due to the fact that my attorneys father passed away and he postponed the trial. The opposing attorney asked the judge to grant the amount, which he did.

Have your attorney try to get a rehearing on the writ of execution to oppose it.