Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

R Rob, employment law
, a former employee has red an

Customer Question

Customer: r Rob, employment law
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: a former employee has hired an attorney to request his personnel file and wage records. He filed a claim with the labor commission as well stating claiming an unpaid final check due to him. I have all the records which invalidate that claim and have a conference with the labor commision 2/17. The attorney is also requesting me to sign a tolling agreement. Do I need to sign it and provide this information to the attorney?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You will need to provide copies f the personnel records and the payroll records pertaining to the employee.

You should NOT sign the tolling agreement. The tolling agreement allows the employees attorney more time to decide whether or not to sue, and keeps you on the hook longer.

It is a good idea to meet with a local attorney. Most will meet with you to assess your case at little to no charge, discussing your situation with one can't hurt you.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.