Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

I need to take back a home I purchased in Oshkosh,

Customer Question

I need to take back a home I purchased in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I wanted to give it to my daughter but she didn't want it in her name and so my name is ***** ***** title. Our agreement was that she should pay the taxes, insurance and utilities and all other fees for living in the house. But, she says she "quit her job" and her husband has never worked and she told me she cannot afford to pay these things and I told her I cannot pay them either. So, I told her she should look for something she can afford to live in and forget living in this house as they cannot afford to live there anylonger. I told her to get some help from a financial advisor. Anyway, I would like to serve papers asking them to leave and I may need legal help for this endeavor. Can you suggest a good lawyer to help me out with this? Thank you. Beverly ****-***** at: [email protected]
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

While I cannot refer you to a specific lawyer (the terms of Just Answer don't allow me to), I can point you to a couple of websites that should be helpful. I would suggest you use www.martindale.com or www.lawyers.com. Both are reputable attorney referral websites. Both are free, and allow you to search for attorneys by location, practice type and rating.

For your reference, here is a good descriptio of the eviction process in Wisconsin: http://www.landlordguidance.com/eviction-notice-forms/wisconsin-eviction/

The bot***** *****ne here is that you have a right to evict them in less than a month, assuming you serve them with their 28 day notice. They are, essentially, tenants who have not paid.