How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in south louisiana and have a small horse farm. My

Customer Question

I live in south louisiana and have a small horse farm. My neighbor who is also a sheriff deputy has a young son10ish who is always shooting shotguns and pellet rifles in the area . He's always shooting over the fences onto other peoples property and I caught him shooting over my fence. I've spoken with the sheriff dept and they don't seem to care. He's always unsupervised and usually within range of my animals. I feel helpless in this situation and would like to know what the law states on this issue thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Technically, if he shoots onto your property, this is considered a trespass. He is not legally permitted to shoot onto your property. You are well within you rights to request that he does not shoot onto your property.

The issue you are going to run into is a nonlegal issue which basically is that the person you are complaining about is the son of the group of people you are complaining to.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much that does help with my course of action