Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My name is ***** *****. I am interested in learning more

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I am interested in learning more about South Carolina Law with respect to usury.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is it true that SC has no usury maximum?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I would be willing to pay to have multiple questions answered by a SC attorney that was very familiar with stae banking and lending law
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

When it comes to non-consumer transactions in South Carolina, there is no general usury limitation. The South Carolina Consumer Protection Code sets forth the maximum rates for interest on consumer transactions.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?