Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Original order was in Michigan, neither party live there

Customer Question

Customer: Original order was in Michigan, neither party live there anymore. Child & mother in Texas. Michigan has been Income withholding from the beginning. According to Michigan all past due child support arrears are paid off. Only owe for Michigan fees. According to Texas they are not. Texas states I owe 3,000 arrears and are wanting current child support WHILE Michigan is still taking out current child support and money to pay back the fees owed to Michigan. Have written letters and spoken to TEXAS they have not acknowledged the payment records from Michigan. How can I get them to reflect the correct amount and to take off the report they sent to credit bureaus?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Would like to know what I can do to make Texas reflect the current amount owed in Arrears and to take away what they reported on credit reports
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

This is very odd. I actually worked in the Texas Child support office and these sort of interstate discrepancies were common. Would you be open to a call so I can ascertain the full facts to provide an answer. There would be additional charges.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?